How to use the Amazon S3 Destination.
This destination syncs your data to an S3 bucket in real time. A file is written per event received. Files are written using the date and time when of insertion.
Follow one of these next steps to allow MovingLake to connect to your bucket:
Set-up S3 Bucket
- Log-in to your AWS Account.
- Go to the IAM view.
- Generate new or get existing Access Key for a role which will have access to the bucket. See this link for more information.
- Make sure the user or role has the right policies to write to the S3 Bucket. See this link for more information.
- You will also need an S3 Bucket. See this link for more information.
- Finally take a note of your bucket’s region (e.g. us-east-1).
Create the connector
- With this information you can go now to your MovingLake account and create an S3 destination.
- Fill in all the blanks with the information from the steps above.
- Also configure optionally a subpath where the files will be written to.
- That’s it! You should be able to use this destination to receive events in the form of files in the bucket.